Since 1987, Todd Slingerland has held a number of senior management and executive leadership positions in the investment and financial services industry, including Founder of Capital Financial Planning in 2003, serving as President and CEO. Under Todd’s leadership, Capital Financial Planning became a Registered Investment Advisory Firm in 2016 to enable enhanced wealth management services while working in the best interest of the firm’s clients. As Managing Member of WealthOnet, Todd carries on a tradition of service with fresh perspectives.
An advocate for continuing education, Todd has earned numerous credentials to enable him to keep pace with developments in order to better serve his individual and business clients. With the support of his experienced team, Todd’s practice welcomes individuals, couples, and business owners from throughout the United States and is focused on a variety of services including:
- Business Services – retirement planning, business succession planning, risk mitigation strategies and advanced insurance case design, and other specialized concerns
- Financial planning
- Investment selection, portfolio creation, and wealth management
- Individual retirement plans, Pre and Post retirement reviews
- Tax mitigation review/strategies
- Working in conjunction with accountants and attorneys for complex estate, personal injury, divorce, structured settlements, and other cases
- Life, long term care, and disability insurance
Some highlights of Todd’s personal and professional background:
- Managing Member, WealthOne - 2021 - Present
- President, CEO, and Founder of Capital Financial Planning 2003-2021
- Managing Member Capital Financial Planning, a registered investment advisory firm 2016-2021
- Previous senior management positions with John Hancock and Waddell and Reed
- Financial industry designations: Certified Financial Planner TM (CFP ®), Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow (LUTCF) ,Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), and Chartered Mutual Funds Consultant (CMFC).
- Currently holds Series 7, 63, 24 securities licenses with LPL Financial, series 65 license with WealthOne LLC, and a New York State Life, Accident, and Health insurance license.
- BS Business Administration, College of St. Rose, Albany, NY
- Past Trustee of the College of St. Rose, participates in numerous community activities including leading the Capital Financial Planning Charitable Foundation which supports not-for- profits throughout the Capital Region to enhance the quality of life in our region
- Recognized by local media for his work leading the Smile Bus, an annual holiday trip for people who have had a difficult year due to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular in NYC
- Enjoys travel, golf, community service, and family activities with his 3 daughters
For a priority in-person or phone appointment, please contact Shelby Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-867-4000 x219.
If you would like to receive LPL investment research via email, please let us know. Otherwise, please visit the LPL page of this website for investment research and market commentaries.